Allen & Overy is an international law firm with over 5000 staff operating out of 42 offices in 29 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, the Americas and Africa.
Their Business Services department provides services such as document design and production, printing and finishing, scanning and records keeping throughout the organisation using Service Delivery Teams (SDTs) located globally. Over 120,000 service requests are managed each year.
The Challenge was not only to find a solution that enabled users across the globe to submit different requests to multiple services, but to also to provide a management system, which allows the triaging, assignment and scheduling of tasks, associated to the service request, across multiple global teams.
Solution and Approach
Parity designed and developed a bespoke system (name Unity II) that enabled all staff, globally, to make service requests to the various SDTs via a suite of dynamically generated intelligent forms that interact with the user’s registration details and pre-populate the forms as much as possible.
The software was delivered on schedule and initially launched in January 2013.
With the new solution in place,
- User submit service requests and monitor progress
- Users deadlines are submitted against the user’s local time zone, however work can be actioned by SDTs located globally. All deadlines when viewed by a SDT team member are shown in the Team members local time zone.
- Requests are triaged and assign to the various SDTs
- SDTs to access the information needed to manage and complete the work
- SDTs able to schedule work to Team Members, allowing Administrators to track the capacity of the SDTs
- SDTs deliver against deadlines through resource and capacity planning & scheduling
Commenting on the new system, Head of Hospitality Services, Paul King said:
“Unity II is very intuitive. The new software delivers significant functionality enhancements such as a single sign-on which means requestor details and contact information will automatically be populated onto the request form. This is a great feature which will save people time as well as frustration.”
Unity II also provides significant improvements in terms of managing workload and task scheduling, and the new management reporting allows tracking of time spent down to individual tasks.
Since going live Parity has worked with Allen & Overy’s Business Service to bring new features and enhancements, including new request types to the solution. The release which is scheduled to go live beginning of 2018 will bring Digital Marketing request form for the Allen & Overy Marketing department.